How to Prepare Appetizing Chana Chaat
Chana Chaat. Chana chaat is a tasty, tangy and easy variety of chaat snack made with white chickpeas (chana or chole), spices, herbs, onions, tomatoes and lemon. This chaat is quick to assemble if you have canned or leftover boiled chickpeas. If using canned chickpeas, then you just need to mix the spices, potatoes, onions, tomatoes etc and savor the chana.
More over it is healthy, protein packed, filling and is super delicious. Serve it for a snack any time of the day. Chana chaat is a delicious and mouth-watering recipe. You can have Chana Chaat using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chana Chaat
- It’s 1 cup of black chickpeas (Kala chana) soaked, boiled.
- It’s 1 of tomato, chopped.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 of green chili, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black salt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Chaat masala.
These healthy recipe are perfect for nutrition diet. This is a low oil snack that is made using boiled white chickpeas. They're also a good source of fiber and protein. Chickpeas contain an amount of calories and several vitamins and minerals.
Chana Chaat step by step
- Take a large bowl add boiled chana, tomato, onion, greenchilli, lemon juice, salt, chaat masala, cumin powder mix well..
A popular road- side snack chana chaat, is a diabetic friendly recipe. While it can be made with dried white chickpeas (Kabuli chana), you can also make it with dried green chana or dried black chana like I have done. Chana Chaat is an Indian/Pakistani Chickpea salad usually made with lemon juice, chopped vegetables such as tomatoes and onions, green chilis, and chaat masala (which is an Indian spice mix). Chana chaat goes all the way back the B. C. era in the Uttar Pradesh state of India.