Recipe: Appetizing Salty chana Chaat
Salty chana Chaat. It has salty, sour and spicy taste with melt in the mouth chickpeas, crunchy onions, tangy tomatoes, earthy potatoes and bold spices. What makes a chaat different from salad is the addition of green chillies, black salt, chaat masala, onions and lemon juice. You can even add tamarind chutney and green coriander chutney.
Chana chaat makes the perfect side dish for tandoori chicken. It's like French fries or red beans and rice with fried chicken. Or potato salad with BBQ chicken. You can cook Salty chana Chaat using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salty chana Chaat
- You need 4 of golgappa.
- Prepare 1 cup of dried black chickpeas (kala chana).
- Prepare 1 of medium onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large tomato finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of small raw mango peeled and finely chopped (optional).
- You need 1-2 of green chilies finely chopped or minced.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of chaat masala.
- It’s 1 tsp of roasted cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dry mango powder (amchur powder).
- It’s 2 tsp of chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.
- It’s 2-3 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black salt.
It makes the perfect Indian inspired backyard BBQ. It adds to the salty flavor and washes down all the dry ingredients from the chaat." "My mouth is watering just talking about it," she said while laughing. Playing around with chana chaat …. That's the simplest version of chole ki chaat, but if you want variation you can add boiled diced potatoes to make aloo chana chaat, add yoghurt (sweetened or salty) to provide a cooling contrast to that spicy chaat masala.
Salty chana Chaat instructions
- Soak the dry chickpeas overnight or for 8-9 hours..
- Once they are soaked, drain the water. In a pressure cooker add the soaked chickpeas with enough water..
- Pressure cook for 6-7 minutes or till the chickpeas are cooked well..
- Once the pressure cooker cools down, drain the cooked chickpeas.
- Making kala chana chaat.
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients including the black chickpeas. Mix well..
- Taste and if required add more of the spice powders or salt. Garnish with some chopped coriander leaves..
- Chana Chaat filled in golgappa and garnish with coriander 💚💚💚💚.
One of my favourite combinations to serve in Ramadan is chaat with dahi baray. Everyone has their own version of chaat, but most versions of chaat include a mix of flavors – sweet, salty, tangy, along with a variety of textures – fresh, crunchy, refreshing! This particular chaat recipe is a popular variation called chana chaat or choley chaat; chana or choley means chickpeas in Urdu/Hindi. Chana Chaat (chickpea chaat) is a popular street food from India. It is made with boiled chickpeas, fresh veggies and chutneys.