Recipe: Tasty Stir fried Kala Chana
Stir fried Kala Chana. HOW TO MAKE STIR-FRY KALA CHANA. Making this stir-fry chickpea is very easy and quick. You need some boiled chickpeas and the other spices are readily available in any kitchen pantry.
The key to perfect kala chana masala, every time is soaking the black chickpeas overnight and then cooking them in a pressure cooker or Instant Pot for at. Kala chana upkari or black chickpeas stir fry is a simple south Indian dry curry (totally vegan) using mild spices like hing/asafoetida and mustard seeds, along with coconut, ginger and green chilies and some aromatic curry leaves. Hailing from the Konkani community of Mangalore (from Karnataka, a state in south India), we traditionally serve this simple stir fry called chana upkari along. You can have Stir fried Kala Chana using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stir fried Kala Chana
- It’s 1 cup of Kala Chana (overnight soaked and boiled).
- Prepare 1 of Onion (sliced).
- It’s 1 of Tomato (finely chopped).
- Prepare 2-3 of Green Chilli (slited).
- Prepare 1/2 of Lemon.
- You need To taste of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of Crushed pepper.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Oil.
Kala chana recipe, Black chickpea recipe, easy and healthy snacks/side dish/healthy protein breakfast recipe. Non fermented Black Chana Dosa :https://youtu. Spicy and delicious Kerala style sprouted black chana stir fry. Kala chana sundal or kadal upperi is a common traditional side dish we used to serve with rice in Kerala.
Stir fried Kala Chana instructions
- Heat oil in a pan, into it, add green chilli and onion and cook it until it becomes soft..
- Then add tomato into it allow it to soft..
- Then add salt and crushed pepper into it and mix it well..
- After that add kala chana into it and mix it well..
- Squeeze lemon juice into it, mix well and switch off the flame..
- Serve stir fried kala chana with tea or coffee..
Kala chana recipe – black chickpeas cooked with onions, tomatoes and spices. Kala chana are the desi variety of chickpeas that are brown to black in color. These are used widely in Indian cuisine to make curries, stew and even stir fry dishes. This post shares the details on how to prepare and cook kala chana in a pot, pressure cooker & Instant pot. Method to make the BEST Punjabi Channa Masala.