Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy Kala chana-Ashtami prasad
Kala chana-Ashtami prasad. Kala chana – Ashtami Prasad, also known as sukha Kala chana, is a low-calorie, high-protein dish that packs a ton of flavor and is completely gluten-free and vegan. Furthermore, this healthy and nutritious recipe calls for just a handful of ingredients that you probably already have on hand! Sukha Kala Chana Masala Recipe is a delicious and super healthy dish that is synonymous with the navratri ashtami prasad. Kala chana is boiled and tossed in a rich tadka of ghee and dry spices.
For… Main Course Dishes ashtami prasad, chickpeas, Indian food, high protein, plant-based protein Indian Print This Kala chana masala ashtami prasad recipe: Kala chana or Ashtami Prasad is a simple recipe of Black peas/Kala chana made dry ,pan roasted along with spices. Its made on the eighth day of Navratri fasting. Eighth Day of Navratri is celebrated as Ashtami and the ninth day. You can cook Kala chana-Ashtami prasad using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kala chana-Ashtami prasad
- You need 1.5 cup of black chana.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of haldi powder (optional).
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 3 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped fresh coriander leaves.
The prep-up and cooking method to cook Kala chana -Ashtami prasad is simple. Wash the Kale chole/ black chickpeas thoroughly under tap water. This will guarantee that it cooks fast, evenly and use less fuel. It's totally depend on the family traditions.
Kala chana-Ashtami prasad step by step
- Clean, wash and soak chana overnight.
- By the morning they will swell and double in size.Drain through a strainer and wash again..
- In a pressure cooker add chana along with water.Add salt in it and close the lid. Pressure cook for 8-9 whistles. Once the steam is out, open the cooker and check if chana is cooked..
- After the pressure is released from the cooker, open the lid and spoon out some chana and press the grains in between your fingers, if they mash up easily without pressing too hard-they are cooked. Set them aside..
- Meanwhile assemble all the spices..
- Heat oil in a pan.Add cumin seeds and when they start to crackle,add in all the spices one by one..
- Carefully add boiled chana to the pan..
- Bring it to a boil till all the water has dried out..
- Cook chana..
- Serve hot with sooji halwa Happy Ashtami !!!.
Ashtami prasad mainly consists of halwa puri kala chana. To be more precise, it is sweet semolina pudding, deep-fried flatbreads, and salty black chickpeas. The combination of these three things makes the famous Ashtami or Navami prasad. The recipe for puri is in this post; however, the recipes for Sooji Halwa and Kala chana are in separate posts. Navratri Prasad, Ashtami/Navami special Kala Chana, Halwa and Poori Recipe with step by step pictures.