Easiest Way to Make Delicious Kala chana pulao
Kala chana pulao. Kala Chana Pulao is a quick, easy & protein rich one-pot meal. Semi-cooked Black chick peas are cooked in pressure cooker along with onion-tomato masala mixture to get fully and delicious pulao. Relish this healthy pulao with any raita of your choice!
Kala chana pulao, black chana pulao, easy to make one-pot meal, a perfect protein-rich lunch box recipe too. One-pot meals are always super hit at my home. I mostly pack them for lunch box or cook for a lazy Sunday dinner too. You can have Kala chana pulao using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kala chana pulao
- You need 1 cup of basmati rice.
- You need 11/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of boiled black gram/chana.
- Prepare 1 of sliced onion.
- You need 2 of green chilli.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ghee.
- You need 2 Tbsp of cashew/ kaju.
- It’s 2 tbsp of raisins/ kishmish.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 3-4 of cloves.
- It’s 1 inch of cinnamon.
- It’s 2 of green cardamoms.
- Prepare 1 of black cardamom.
- Prepare 4-5 of black pepper corn.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 1 spoon of chana masala powder/garammasala powder.
- It’s 1/2 spoon of jeera powder.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp of coriander leaves /mint leave.
- You need To taste of Salt.
Kala Chana Pulao is a popular Indian rice dish. I make it with loads of aromatic spices and then pair it with cool yogurt raita. On a busy day, dishes such as these come very handy. Any rice dish that is cooked with veggies, meat or beans is called pulao, pulav or pilaf!
Kala chana pulao step by step
- Firstly wash and soak the rice for 30 minutes..
- Now in a pressure cooker heat ghee, add cumin seeds, bay leaf and whole spices, saute until aromat.add cashew and raisins and saute 1mints..
- Now add sliced onion and sauté for 3-4mins Then add boiled black gram and saute for 2-3 minute more..
- Now add all spices, coriander leaves/mint leave and soaked rice, salt and mix well. saute for 2 minute..
- Now add water mix well and cover it. Cook for high flame until one whistle. After that cook it on low flame for 2 minutes..
- Now kala chana pulao is ready to serve..
It is very common in Middle East countries and. Kala chana pulao or brown chickpeas is traditional Indian Rice recipe. Delicious pilaf made with brown chickpeas, spices, herbs and coconut milk is an easy quick one pot meal. It is equally perfect for quick lunch or dinner or a lazy brunch. Kala chana pulao or brown chickpeas pulao is traditional pulao is one pot Indian meal that makes great vegetarian meal.