Recipe: Perfect Kala chana Chaat
Kala chana Chaat. Kala chana chaat is a tangy and tasty snack made from black chickpeas. It is much similar to the green chana chaat that one gets at juhu beach in Mumbai. Whenever we would go to juhu beach in Mumbai, our trip to the beach was not complete without having the Chana chaat Besides having the rest of the chaat food like Pani puri , Bhel puri , Sev.
This recipe is also oil-free, sugar-free, vegan and gluten-free. Kala Chana Chaat, is a healthy chaat made with protein-rich kala chana, tossed in simple spices and a splash of lemon juice. Nutritious chana, mushy potatoes, juicy tomatoes, sharp onions, sweet pomegranate pearls and a sprinkle of masalas makes a chatpata chaat as a great Indian salad as well. You can have Kala chana Chaat using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kala chana Chaat
- Prepare 1 cup of Kala channa (soaked overnight).
- Prepare 1 of Cucumber.
- It’s 1 of Small onion.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Chaat pe.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Chana masala.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 pinch of hing.
- Prepare of As required Water for boiling.
Considered as a popular street food as well, this chaat is sold at street food carts and 'thelas. Kala chana chaat is a savory, spicy, and tangy Indian snack made with cooked black chickpeas. It is vegan, and gluten-free and perfect for an appetizer or side dish. It can also be served as an evening snack with some masala chai.
Kala chana Chaat instructions
- Firstly kala chana soaked overnight. Drain off the water rinse the kala chanaboil until done..
- Presher cooker high flame 4 to 5 whistles..
- Once the kala chanaare boil drain off the water and transfer the large bowl..
- Take a kadai add oil and heat up add hing add boil kala channa, mix it well and now add cumin powder, salt, red chilli powder, chaat masala,chana masla, lime juice. Mix it well and cook for 3 to 4 minutes..
- Now transfer the bowl add chopped onion, chopped cucumber some lime juice, some green chilli..
- Ready to serve with Coriander leaves..
Kala chana chaat can be made in different ways. Some versions of kala chana chaat are made like a salad with all. chana chaat recipe is a truly exciting combination of ingredients that makes this a real winner! This is one of the easiest and tastiest chaat recipe. kala chana chaat is simply a dish made with kala chana, luscious chutneys, veggies and chaat masala. Toss them all together in butter and the deliciouskala chana chaat is ready to be relished! Kala chana chaat recipe or black chickpea chaat is combined with the crunch of veggies, flavourful spices and tanginess of lemon juice. this salad is packed with protein and is very healthy.