Easiest Way to Prepare Appetizing Jiffy Peanut Butter Brittle
Jiffy Peanut Butter Brittle. Cook and stir until sugar dissolves. When sugar dissolves, blend in butter. There are many tasty recipes that can be used with roasted peanuts, such as peanut cookies, Achar, Kok Chai (peanut puffs), peanut butter or Kuah Kacang, for ketupat or satay, or peanut butter.
Xylitol, a sugar substitute, is found in some peanut butters and nut butters, and it can be life-threatening to dogs. "If you feed your dog pills coated in peanut butter, or put peanut butter in their hollow chew toys, make sure to check the list of ingredients first to make sure it doesn't contain xylitol," said Carmela Stamper, a. The growth in the popularity of peanut butter in the United States has been phenomenal. Thanks in part to World War II, it has become increasingly popular and it's now a dietary staple for many people across the country. You can have Jiffy Peanut Butter Brittle using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jiffy Peanut Butter Brittle
- It’s 1 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of light corn syrup.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of salted peanuts.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter,softened.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 cup of jiffy peanut butter.
Peanut butter is made by grinding roasted peanuts into a paste. The National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse, or NDDIC, reports that foods comprised mainly of fat and protein — including peanut butter — are not likely to cause flatulence. You will feel the grains of the sugar disappear. Once smooth, stir in the peanuts.
Jiffy Peanut Butter Brittle step by step
- Grease large cookie sheet. set aside..
- In heavy 2 quart sauce pan, over medium heat, bring to a boil sugar, corn syrup, salt, and water. Stir until sugar is disolved..
- Add peanuts.
- Stir until candy thermometer reads 300°F or 150C, or until a drop hardens in cold water.
- Remove from heat add butter, baking soda, and peanut butter.
- Pour onto cookie sheet, chill until hardened.
- Snap into pieces.
Once the peanuts are mixed in good, add a candy thermometer to the pan and continue cooking. The storage time shown for opened peanut butter is for best quality only – after that, the peanut butter's texture, color or flavor may change, but in most cases, it will still be safe to consume if it has been kept continuously refrigerated, the jar is undamaged, and there are no signs of spoilage (see below). Of course, all foods last for a shorter period of time if they are not stored properly. While most Proteins usually have a sell by date, these containers usually carry a best by date, which is simply the last date a manufacturer will guarantee their product quality – not its safety. After forming the dough into balls, I dipped them in sugar and with sugar side up, gently created a criss-cross pattern on top.