Recipe: Delicious Curt's Peanut Brittle
Curt's Peanut Brittle. These peanut butter-molasses penny candies were originally made in Boston in a home once occupied by Paul Revere (years after he made his midnight ride). Another Necco casualty, the candies are no more, but Bit-O-Honey, a. Remove and stir in butter and vanilla.
Curt's Cucina Chef Curt Shelvey took on Tobacco Road Sports Caf. Likewise the peanut brittle and basil sugar sprinkled on the dish provided a nice crunch to contrast the creamy freddo. Sticks like peanut brittle but not as hard. You can have Curt's Peanut Brittle using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Curt's Peanut Brittle
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 cup of karo.
- It’s 1/4 cup of margarine.
- It’s 1 lb of raw spanish peanuts.
- Prepare 1 tsp of water.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking soda.
Brittle definition is – easily broken, cracked, or snapped. How to use brittle in a sentence. Stock your candy jar with your favorite sweet treats from Dollar General. Deals on Hershey, Reese's, M&M's and more!
Curt's Peanut Brittle instructions
- Bring first 3 ingredients to 240 degrees or until all water has boiled off..
- Add peanuts and margarine and cook until 275 degrees..
- Test it by dropping a bit into some cold water. If crunchy, it is ready..
- Once you get it to the crunchy state, which is around 280 degrees, add 1 tsp water, 1 tsp vanilla, and 2 tsp baking soda..
- Stir well and spread thin on silicone pads for best results. Otherwise, you can heat cookie sheets in oven and spread with butter, and then spread the brittle all over..
- Once cooled, break into pieces..
Boil until it caramelizes or turns to amber color. Stir and pour onto buttered baking sheet sprinkled with salt. When cool, break into pieces and store in a tight container. Soak your feet into the solution for half an hour. Get your feet from the tub and pat them dry using a soft towel.