Recipe: Appetizing Jalebi
Jalebi. Fill the jalebi batter in a muslin cloth and pierce a small hole in the cloth. Squeeze the muslin cloth to make concentric circles. Move from inside to outside to make perfect circles.
It is made by deep-frying maida flour (plain flour or all-purpose flour) batter in pretzel or circular shapes, which are then soaked in sugar syrup. This dessert can be served warm or cold. Learn how to make Jalebi that are crispy, juicy & delicious. You can cook Jalebi using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jalebi
- It’s of For Sugar Syrup:.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of milk.
- It’s 3-4 of cardamom powder.
- You need 1 pinch of saffron or food colour.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of water.
- You need of For Batter:.
- It’s 2 cups of all-purpose flour (maida).
- You need 3/4 cup of curd.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking soda.
- Prepare As needed of water.
- You need of For making Jalebis:.
- You need of As required ghee.
Jalebi is one of the most popular desserts from Indian subcontinent. Similar to Gulab jamun, jalebi too makes its appearance during weddings, celebrations & festivals. Jalebi making is an art and the reward you get at the end of it is sweet – quite literally! The crisp sugary spirals taste brilliant served piping hot along with chilled rabdi.
- Add sugar & water to a pot. Boil on a medium flame. Add lemon juice or milk to the syrup. Once the impurities of sugar start floating remove it with the help of a spoon. Now add cardamom powder, saffron or colour. Stir & cook until it reaches 1 string consistency. Keep sugar syrup warm when you start frying jalebis..
- Add all-purpose flour, curd & water in a mixing bowl. Mix well to make a thick, smooth & lump-free batter. Now add baking soda & mix. The batter should have flowing consistency..
- Heat ghee in a Kadai on medium flame to fry jalebis. Cut a small piece of milk bag from one corner. Pour some batter in it. Close the bag with a rubber band..
- Once the oil becomes hot enough to fry squeeze the batter from milk bag in a circular motion to make jalebis. Once it is cooked from 1 side turn it to cook from another side..
- Once the jalebi is cooked remove it & transfer it to warm sugar syrup for 2 min. Repeat the procedure to fry the remaining jalebis. Serve hot..
Traditionally a muslin cloth with a hole in it is used to make the spirals in hot oil, but using a squeezy bottle makes it much simpler. Homemade jalebi is a crispy, deep-fried treat that's beloved across India, and boasts a delicious flavor, thanks to a dip in a fragrant saffron and cardamom syrup. Other than a deliciously decadent dessert, it is a technology company that is working really hard with folks in the food industry to understand and solve a fundamental problem that starts in the kitchen and ends on a plate – operational efficacy and profitability with easy streamlined intervention by technology. Jalebis are small, bright yellow, web-shaped cakes similar to funnel cakes. They are popular celebration and street cakes in Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan, and India.