Recipe: Perfect Jalebi
Jalebi. Fill the jalebi batter in a muslin cloth and pierce a small hole in the cloth. Squeeze the muslin cloth to make concentric circles. Move from inside to outside to make perfect circles.
It is made by deep-frying maida flour (plain flour or all-purpose flour) batter in pretzel or circular shapes, which are then soaked in sugar syrup. This dessert can be served warm or cold. Learn how to make Jalebi that are crispy, juicy & delicious. You can have Jalebi using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jalebi
- Prepare 2 cups of sugar.
- You need 1/2 of +1/4 Cup water.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of cardmon powder.
- Prepare 2 cups of refined flour.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 Tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare of as required Oil/ghee.
- It’s of some chopped Pistachio (optional).
- You need of few Kesar.
- Prepare 2 pinches of yellow food colour.
Jalebi is one of the most popular desserts from Indian subcontinent. Similar to Gulab jamun, jalebi too makes its appearance during weddings, celebrations & festivals. Other than a deliciously decadent dessert, it is a technology company that is working really hard with folks in the food industry to understand and solve a fundamental problem that starts in the kitchen and ends on a plate – operational efficacy and profitability with easy streamlined intervention by technology. Jalebi making is an art and the reward you get at the end of it is sweet – quite literally!
- In a deep pan add sugar with water and cook till the sugar diluted.Do'nt over cook it.Now add cardmon powder & some Kesar leaves..
- In a bowl take refined flour along with baking powder and soda,mix with water and make a flowing consistency..
- Heat oil in a pan.Take a some mixture in sauce bottle or in used milk packet.Make jalebi in heated oil.Cook till it looks crisp.Take out from oil and pour into sugar syrup,wait for 1 min then take out in a plate..
- Garnish with some chopped Pistachio or served with some fresh curd..
The crisp sugary spirals taste brilliant served piping hot along with chilled rabdi. Traditionally a muslin cloth with a hole in it is used to make the spirals in hot oil, but using a squeezy bottle makes it much simpler. Homemade jalebi is a crispy, deep-fried treat that's beloved across India, and boasts a delicious flavor, thanks to a dip in a fragrant saffron and cardamom syrup. Jalebis are small, bright yellow, web-shaped cakes similar to funnel cakes. They are popular celebration and street cakes in Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan, and India.