How to Make Yummy Jalebi Fafda
You can cook Jalebi Fafda using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jalebi Fafda
- Prepare For of Jalebi.
- Prepare 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of corn flour.
- Prepare 2 Cups of hung curd.
- Prepare 1.5 pinch of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 cup of ghee.
- It’s 2 Cups of Oil.
- You need 3 cups of sugar.
- You need 3 cups of water.
- Prepare few of saffron strands.
- You need 4 drops of rose essence.
- You need 1/2 tsp of powdered green cardamom.
- You need 1/2 tsp of edible food colour.
- You need For of Fafda-.
- Prepare 2 cups of gram flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red Chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Ajwain/carom seeds.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need As per taste of Salt.
- Prepare As required of Oil for deep frying.
- It’s As required of Water to knead dough.
Jalebi Fafda step by step
- Mix together all-purpose flour, cornflour, and baking soda in a bowl. Now, add ghee and food colour to the above mixture. To make a thick batter add hung curd and water. Mix well until it is thick but has a slightly flowing consistency. Keep it aside for 8-10 hours to ferment..
- To make the sugar syrup, heat water in a pan over medium flame. Add sugar and mix until fully dissolved. Simmer the syrup until it attains one string consistency. Add saffron, cardamom powder and rose essence. Stir well..
- Now, heat oil in a pan over medium flame for deep frying. Fill the jalebi batter in a muslin cloth and pierce a small hole in the cloth. Squeeze the muslin cloth to make concentric circles. Move from inside to outside to make perfect circles. Fry till jalebis are crisp and golden..
- Soak the jalebis in sugar syrup for 2-3 minutes. Ensure that the sugar syrup is warm and not very hot. Now, remove it from the syrup and place it on a tray lined with butter paper. Serve the Jalebi hot!.
- For fafda, add all ingredients, except oil for frying, in a pan and knead a dough. Knead for 5 minutes or till the dough turns soft and smooth..
- Add a tsp oil and coat the dough well. Cover with moist cloth and rest for 30 minutes. Knead again for a minute making sure the dough is soft..
- Pinch a ball-sized dough and make a cylindrical shape. On a wooden board place the dough and stick one side. Press and stretch it thin with the help of palms in the forwarding direction. Scrape off with the help of a knife without damaging the fafda..
- Now deep fry in hot oil. Do not overcrowd the fafdas as they won't cook well. Stir occasionally keeping the flame on medium. Fry fafdas for a minute or two, till they turn golden and crispy. Finally, Serve Fafda with hot Jalebis.!! Enjoy!!.