Recipe: Tasty Fafda
Fafda. Fafda (Gujarati: ફાફડા) is a popular Gujarati snack. In many festivals, fafda is the most preferred snack. Fafda is rectangular in shape and yellowish in complexion.
Fafda is rectangular in shape and yellowish in complexion. Jalebi is an Indian sweet snack popular all If you love to eat fafda with jalebi then you can eat but it's not necessary that eat fafda with jalebi. Find fafda stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. You can have Fafda using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fafda
- You need 1/2 cup of besan /gram flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ajwain/carom seeds.
- You need 1 pinch of asafoetida.
- You need 1/8 tsp of baking soda or 1tsp papad khar.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt or to taste.
- You need as required of Water.
- It’s as required of Oil to fry.
Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day. Add water to it and knead into soft dough. Fafda Recipe – How To Make Fafda – How To Prepare Fafda. Wtach How to make best fafda from the expert street food vendor.
- In a bowl take besan. Add carom seeds, turmeric powder, asafoetida, baking soda, salt and oil. Mix everything and add water little by little to make a semi soft dough..
- In total I added 3 tablespoons water. Depending on the quality of besan, you can add a total of 3 to 4 tablespoons of water..
- Make small lemon size balls from the dough. Do not grease board or kitchen platform where you make fafda with oil as then the fafda cannot be pressed easily. Spread some oil on your hands if you want, before starting the next step..
- Now with the heels of your palms, with a light pressure and force, press and flatten the dough ball and at the same time move the palms forward. Keep equal pressure throughout but do not put a lot of pressure. If you apply too much pressure then fafda will stick to board and will break while lifting. This is the only tricky part in the whole recipe. you need to apply light pressure as well as move further while pressing and flattening the fafda dough..
- You will get a long elongated shaped fafda. Gently pick it up from the board. Also do not make fafda too thin as then it cannot be lifted easily. You can also lift fafda with a knife or spatula..
- Heat oil in a flat pan. When the oil becomes medium hot, check a small tiny piece of the dough. It should gradually come up on top of the oil. Now reduce the flame to low-medium. Add the fafda pieces gently in the oil..
- Begin to fry at a low-medium flame. Turn over and fry till crisp. Do not fry till too much browned. Fafda gets fried quickly, so the frying needs attention. Serve Fafda with jalebi or chutney or a cup of tea. Enjoy.
We are not sharing fafda recipe right now but it will help a lot to. #Fafda now trending in the Philippines after @PresidentialCom tweeted "fafda" earlier. #Fafda is the official breakfast of #Gujarati captured this during the #HeritageWalk in Old City area with. Your Fafda Jalebi stock images are ready. Download all free or royalty-free photos and vectors. Use them in commercial designs under lifetime, perpetual & worldwide rights. Find the perfect fafda stock photo.