Recipe: Tasty Sooji ka halwa
Sooji ka halwa. Suji Ka Halwa Recipe – About Suji Ka Halwa Recipe Sooji Halwa Recipe: Semolina and sugar syrup dessert flavored with cardamom and garnished with chopped almonds. Suji ka halwa recipe with video and step-by-step photos.
During festivals -Navratra Puja aka Navratri Puja or Durga Puja, Vijayadashmi aka Dusshera, Diwali etc Suji Halwa is served along with other festive food items – Puri, Kala Chana, Aloo Ki Sabji, Jeera Aloo and Boondi Raita or Kaddu Raita (Pumpkin Raita). Halwa is a dessert that is prepared all over the world. Sooji ka Halwa, Rava Sheera, Suji Halwa. You can cook Sooji ka halwa using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sooji ka halwa
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sooji (rava, semolina flour).
- You need 1/4 cup of ghee (clear butter).
- It’s 1/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of water.
- You need Pinch of cardamom powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sliced almonds for garnish.
Sooji Halwa is a traditional but popular dessert. Sooji Halwa is delicious and a welcome treat for guests. I have done this recipe a few years ago and now decided to do another version of Sooji Halwa with little twist, turning this into an exotic Halwa beyond your belief. While halwa is a broad term used for pudding like desserts in India, the most common halwa that mom made were sooji halwa and aate ka halwa (made from wheat flour).
Sooji ka halwa instructions
- Boil the water with sugar, and cardamom powder in a pan over low medium heat..
- Bring to a boil..
- Melt the butter in a frying pan on medium heat..
- Add sooji and roast to golden brown color, stirring constantly this will take about 5 to 8 minutes..
- Sooji will be golden brown in color and will have a light sweet aroma.
- Add the syrup slowly.
- Turn down the heat to medium low and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes. Sooji will absorb the water.
- As the Halwa cools so keep Halwa a little more softer than you want..
- Garnish with almonds..
Sooji ka halwa was made in home whenever we wanted to have something sweet. The pet favorite suji ka halwa aka semolina pudding, is made in every brown household and is one of the easiest halwas to make! There's different types of semolina halwas in India and Pakistan. But this particular Suji ka halwa is eaten popularly paired with puri and makes a kickass halwa puri combo for breakfast! Suji Ka Halwa, also known as Sheera is a simple Indian semolina pudding, made with basic ingredients – semolina, sugar, and ghee.