How to Prepare Appetizing Sooji ka Halwa !!
Sooji ka Halwa !!. Suji Ka Halwa Recipe – About Suji Ka Halwa Recipe Sooji Halwa Recipe: Semolina and sugar syrup dessert flavored with cardamom and garnished with chopped almonds. Suji ka halwa recipe with video and step-by-step photos.
During festivals -Navratra Puja aka Navratri Puja or Durga Puja, Vijayadashmi aka Dusshera, Diwali etc Suji Halwa is served along with other festive food items – Puri, Kala Chana, Aloo Ki Sabji, Jeera Aloo and Boondi Raita or Kaddu Raita (Pumpkin Raita). Suji ka halwa is a pudding made with suji (semolina), ghee (clarified butter), sugar, dry fruits, almond flour, and water. I have slightly flavored the halwa with berries, saffron, and cardamom powder. You can have Sooji ka Halwa !! using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sooji ka Halwa !!
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sooji (semolina/rava).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Ghee (clarified butter).
- It’s 1 1/4 cups of Water.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 5 of Almonds (badam), sliced.
- It’s 5 of Cashew nuts (kaju), chopped.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of Cardamom Powder.
Halwa is a broad term used for pudding-like desserts in India, the most common halwa that I usually make is sooji halwa and aate ka halwa (made from wheat flour). the recipe for suji ka halwa is very similar with the texture to popular rava kesari. however the recipe procedure and taste are completely different and more importantly the purpose is completely different. sooji halwa is prepared mainly with the combination of water and milk and hence it gets the creamy and smooth texture. moreover the ingredients like sugar, ghee and rava added to this. Sooji ka Halwa, Rava Sheera, Suji Halwa. Sooji Halwa is a traditional but popular dessert. Sooji Halwa is delicious and a welcome treat for guests.
Sooji ka Halwa !! step by step
- Pour 1¼ cups water in a small saucepan and bring it to boil over medium flame, it will take around 3-4 minutes. Remove it from the flame and keep aside until you reach step-4 below..
- Take sooji in a heavy based pan, add ghee and heat it over medium flame..
- Stir and mix using spatula..
- Roast it until golden-brown. It will take anywhere between 8 to 10 minutes..
- Reduce flame to low; slowly add boiled water and mix by stirring constantly (add water only in small incremental quantities because it will splutter as soon as you add it)..
- Stir and cook to avoid any lump formation..
- Increase flame to medium and cook until all water gets absorbed. Add sugar and cardamom powder..
- Stir until sugar dissolves and it has a semi-solid consistency. Add and mix almonds and cashew nuts after reserving some of them for garnishing..
- The suji halwa is now ready for serving..
I have done this recipe a few years ago and now decided to do another version of Sooji Halwa with little twist, turning this into an exotic Halwa beyond your belief. While halwa is a broad term used for pudding like desserts in India, the most common halwa that mom made were sooji halwa and aate ka halwa (made from wheat flour). Sooji ka halwa was made in home whenever we wanted to have something sweet. The best sooji ka halwa is soft, moist, not at all dry and lumpy. The key to the best Punjabi halwa is properly roasted semolina.