Recipe: Delicious Sooji halwa
Sooji halwa. Suji halwa is also known as Rava Sheera in Western India and Rava Kesari in South India. The method of preparation is more or less similar, with a few ingredients being changed here and there. Though rava or semolina remains the key ingredient.
Sooji halwa is one of the most common Indian desserts made in every household. Jump to Recipe Print Recipe Traditional Indian dessert, Sooji Halwa is a pudding made from semolina (sooji). Ghee, sugar and sooji are the three main ingredients required to make this easy dessert! You can cook Sooji halwa using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sooji halwa
- You need 1/2 cup of sooji.
- You need 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of ghee.
- You need 11/2 cup of water.
- You need 1 tsp of cardomom powder.
- Prepare as needed of almonds grated to flakes for garnishing.
The key to the best Punjabi halwa is properly roasted semolina. What makes suji halwa soft is fully puffed semolina grains. To attain that cook sooji on low heat. Add more water if sooji water is dried and but not puffed.
Sooji halwa instructions
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai. Add sooji and roast until golden brown and starts being aromat..
- Add water and stirr constantly until it starts leaving the sides..
- Add sugar and cardomom powder again mix and stirr well until it comes together and leaves the bottom..
- Garnish with almond flakes.Serve hot..
The moist factor in sooji ka halwa comes from fat. These festivals have a significant meaning in India, which makes this halwa so popular. Check out other popular Halwa recipes: Coconut Pumpkin Halwa Carrot Halwa Moong Dal Halwa What is Halwa? Sheera also known as suji halwa is a traditional Indian pudding made with semolina, ghee, sugar, cashews and raisins. This simple delicious dessert has a fluffy & soft texture with delicate flavors of cardamom & ghee.