Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Ellen's take on a Hot Dog Recipe
Ellen's take on a Hot Dog Recipe.
You can have Ellen's take on a Hot Dog Recipe using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ellen's take on a Hot Dog Recipe
- You need 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of beef sausage.
- It’s 1 of hot dog bun.
- Prepare 1 leaf of lettuce + oil and salt for seasoning.
- You need A few of sticks of cucumber + oil and salt for seasoning.
- It’s A few of fries + salt for seasoning.
- You need of to taste Ketchup,.
- You need of to taste Salad cream or mayonnaise,.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter, softened.
Ellen's take on a Hot Dog Recipe step by step
- With a knife, poke small holes all around the sausage so it absorbs the seasoning better and to help it properly cook through. Season the beef sausage, first with lemon juice and vegetable oil, then the salt, followed by the paprika and onion and garlic powder. Cover with cling film or a towel and leave on the counter for 10 minutes or in the fridge overnight..
- While you wait, prep the rest of the ingredients by first frying the fries and then salting them. Next add about 1/2 tsp of oil and a pinch of salt to the lettuce and cucumber sticks. After, cook the beef sausage your favourite way to do so, I grilled mine. To finish prep, microwave the hot dog bun for about 15 – 20 seconds. Split the bun in the middle but not all the way through and spread the butter evenly over the inside of the bun..
- To assemble, place the lettuce in the middle of the bun followed by the beef sausage and next just fill up any spaces with fries and cucumber cut into sticks. To finish, drizzle over some tomato ketchup and salad cream or mayonnaise. Enjoy!.