How to Prepare Tasty Sooji ka Halwa
Sooji ka Halwa. Suji Ka Halwa Recipe – About Suji Ka Halwa Recipe Sooji Halwa Recipe: Semolina and sugar syrup dessert flavored with cardamom and garnished with chopped almonds. Suji ka halwa recipe with video and step-by-step photos.
Suji Ka Halwa or Sooji Halwa is a popular Indian dessert which is especially prepared during various festivals and religious functions. During festivals -Navratra Puja aka Navratri Puja or Durga Puja, Vijayadashmi aka Dusshera, Diwali etc Suji Halwa is served along with other festive food items – Puri, Kala Chana, Aloo Ki Sabji, Jeera Aloo and Boondi Raita or Kaddu Raita (Pumpkin Raita). Suji ka halwa is a pudding made with suji (semolina), ghee (clarified butter), sugar, dry fruits, almond flour, and water. You can have Sooji ka Halwa using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sooji ka Halwa
- Prepare 2 tbsp of asli Ghee.
- It’s 2 of green cardamom.
- It’s Pinch of green cardamom powder.
- You need 5-6 tbsp of Sooji (semolina).
- You need 3/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of zarday ka rung (dark orange colour).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s of Almonds for garnish.
I have slightly flavored the halwa with berries, saffron, and cardamom powder. Halwa is a broad term used for pudding-like desserts in India, the most common halwa that I usually make is sooji halwa and aate ka halwa (made from wheat flour). Halwa is a dessert that is prepared all over the world. Sooji ka Halwa, Rava Sheera, Suji Halwa.
Sooji ka Halwa step by step
- Heat ghee in a saucepan and add cardamom. Fry them for a while..
- Now add sooji and sauté it for some time until it starts changing colour and smells start coming..
- Now add water, sugar And colour. Now cook further..
- Keep cooking at medium flame with constant stirring. The water will dry quickly. Put off the flame immediately. Make sure you don’t completely dry the water (keep the halwa a little moist.) leave it for 10 minutes to set on it's own before you take it out in a serving dish..
- Garnish with almonds and serve..
Sooji Halwa is a traditional but popular dessert. Sooji Halwa is delicious and a welcome treat for guests. I have done this recipe a few years ago and now decided to do another version of Sooji Halwa with little twist, turning this into an exotic Halwa beyond your belief. While halwa is a broad term used for pudding like desserts in India, the most common halwa that mom made were sooji halwa and aate ka halwa (made from wheat flour). Sooji ka halwa was made in home whenever we wanted to have something sweet.