How to Prepare Perfect Sooji ka Halwa
Sooji ka Halwa. Suji ka halwa is a type of halvah made by toasting semolina in a fat like ghee or oil, and adding a sweetener like sugar syrup or honey. It can served for breakfast or as a dessert item. Sooji ka halwa was made in home whenever we wanted to have something sweet.
This almonds and cashew rich soft and savory sooji halwa prepared without milk is a welcome treat for taste buds at. Sooji Halwa Recipe: Semolina and sugar syrup dessert flavored with cardamom and garnished with chopped almonds. Sooji Halwa is one of the simplest North Indian Indian desserts made using fine semolina, ghee, and sugar. You can have Sooji ka Halwa using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sooji ka Halwa
- Prepare 1 cup of semolina.
- It’s 1 cup of clarified butter or ghee.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s handful of Dry fruits Cashews, almonds & raisins.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cardamom powder.
- You need 1/2 of chopped banana.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk.
Sooji ka halwa is a popular north Indian sweet dish. The Suji halwa recipe given here makes a low fat dish of suji ka sheera which is quite easy to make. Using warm milk is important as it. This recipe for sooji ka halwa ("made with semolina") is a popular version with many families; because it is one of those simple but very satisfying desserts that hits the sweet spot every time.
Sooji ka Halwa step by step
- While making this entire dish you have to keep Gas on slow flame.
- First of all, heat ghee in a kadhai and add semolina, keep roasting untill you get a nice aroma and semolina turns faint pink (this process takes 15 mins on low flame).
- Once semolina is roasted add all dry fruits and fry, add half chopped banana and mix well.
- Now add 2 cups of hot milk and start stirring till all the milk is absorbed..
- Cover the kadai with lid and leave it for 3-4 mins.
- Add sugar and mix again. Let all the sugar dissolve the add cardamom powder..
- Serve hot halwa. Make offering to God as prasadam for any auspicious occasion..
Sooji Ka Halwa is among those extremely fulfilling sweets that hit the sweet spot each and every time! Simple to make and thus delicious, Sooji Ka Halwa is usually a personal family beloved. Sooji Halwa is a semolina (sooji) based Indian Sweet dish. We can be made by using only four ingredients. Suji ka halwa is usually made on any festivals or pooja.