Recipe: Perfect Prasad Banana Sooji Halwa
Prasad Banana Sooji Halwa. My recipe to make Banana Sooji Halwa, also called as Rava Sheera or Sajjige in different parts of India. In a large kadhai, heat ghee. Add cashew nuts and resins in a ghee.
It is made from semolina, sugar, and banana. It is similar to the sooji halwa with the addition of banana aka banana sooji halwa. Satyanarayan pooja Prasad is made from banana ,semolina (rava/ sooji), sugar, pure ghee, milk ,basil leaves etc.satyanarayan mahaprasad recipe This prasad made from banana tastes really good and I make it even when we don't have puja at home. You can cook Prasad Banana Sooji Halwa using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Prasad Banana Sooji Halwa
- You need 1 cup of semolina (sooji).
- It’s 1/2 cup+1 tbsp of ghee.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 of ripe bananas.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cardamom powder.
- Prepare 10-12 of cashew nuts halves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of raisin.
In North India Halwa Puri is served during navratri. Banana Sooji Halwa / Banana Sheera from Maharashtra. Marathi Prasadacha Sheera is also known as Banana Suji Halwa. Prasad means god's or deity's blessings.
Prasad Banana Sooji Halwa instructions
- Peel, cut and chop bananas..
- In a large kadhai, heat ghee. Add cashew nuts and resins in a ghee. Saute on low flame till it turns slightly brown and the raisins swells up. Remove from kadhai and keep aside..
- In the same kadhai, add semolina and roast it on a low flame till it turns pink and aromatic..
- Add chopped bananas and mix well. Saute for 2 minutes..
- Add milk and let it cook till all the milk is absorbed by the semolina and it is swelled up..
- At this time add sugar and keep stirring till the sugar melts..
- The halwa will again turn a little wet. Cover the kadhai with a lid and cook on low flame for 3 minutes..
- When the halwa turns moist and fluffy, add cardamom powder and 1 tbsp of ghee..
- Cook for another minute and done..
- Prasad Banana Sooji Halwa is ready for neivaidhyam. Garnish with cashews and raisins..