Recipe: Delicious Sooji (semolina) halwa
Sooji (semolina) halwa. This recipe for sooji ka halwa ("made with semolina") is a popular version with many families; because it is one of those simple but very satisfying desserts that hits the sweet spot every time. Traditional Indian dessert, Sooji Halwa is a pudding made from semolina (sooji). Ghee, sugar and sooji are the three main ingredients required to make this easy dessert!
Addition of cardamom powder, nuts and saffron is optional, but recommended as it enhances the flavor and nutrition. Halwa with Milk & Saffron – حلوای زعفرانی. I'm not a big fan of halwa so was. You can have Sooji (semolina) halwa using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sooji (semolina) halwa
- Prepare 1 cup of semolina.
- You need 1 cup of milk powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cooking oil or butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk, approximately.
Halva (also halvah, halwa, and other spellings) refers to various local confection recipes in West Asia and its vicinity. The name is used for referring to a huge variety of confections. Sooji – Sooji or semolina is the star ingredient of this recipe. Make sure to use fine semolina to Sooji halwa will not taste good when made with less ghee.
Sooji (semolina) halwa step by step
- On low heat, stir semolina in pot until light brown..
- Remove from heat. Add milk powder and mix well. Add the sugar and oil and mix..
- Put back on the stove on low heat. Add milk little by little, mixing until it forms a paste and the oil separates. You can serve it warm or cool it down..
Roasting semolina takes time and this. SOOJI (SEMOLINA) HALWA My mother-in-law first taught me how to make this halwa. She was making it and I was just hanging out with her in the kitchen. And during the course of our conversation. Sooji Halwa is also a Middle Eastern dessert.